« Back to list...
The Collected Guitar Works (Grondona)
- Author: LLOBET, Miguel
- Editor: GRONDONA, Stefano
- Type: Book Only
- Language: English
- Instrumentation: Solo Guitar
- Skill Level: Intermediate / Advanced
- Pages: 1046
- Availability: In Preparation
- Stock Reference: GHE900
The Collected Guitar Works
in 15 Volumes (Set)
ed. Stefano Grondona
The publisher about this edition:
No other guitar edition we have seen is more complete and more richly illustrated as ours. Thanks to the generosity of more than 50 contributors and the recent discoveries of more Llobet’s manuscripts, we are able to include some 60 formerly unpublished works. If you want all his works this is the edition to buy!
As a collection our Llobet edition is cheaper than the famous Llobet UME edition of 1964, which has considerably fewer titles and no accompanying texts or commentaries.
Our music engraving is clear, accurate and legible and no one is more qualified, than Stefano Grondona, after 30 years of research on Llobet, and after having recorded Llobet’s complete works on six CDs, to edit an edition of this scope and complexity with its informative texts and comprehensive critical apparatus.
The edition is immensely informative, it clearly demonstrates Llobet’s true role as the pivotal figure of 20th century guitar history – the link between the past and the present. The edition follows his compositions, his successes on 3 continents, and tells in a remarkable story, not only about Llobet but also about the vibrant international cultural life in Barcelona and ‘El Modernismo’, the Catalan ‘Art Nouveau’. Many autograph manuscripts are reproduced,
as well as concert programmes, rare documents and photographs.
An optional thematic index referenced to the edition is available, and our editions are all printed in Germany at concert size on best quality 100gsm music paper with durable laminated covers.
- Masterful guitar works from Miguel Llobet - a figure of crucial importance in 20th century guitar history, the link between the past and the present, and whose influence is still heavily felt.
- An ideal acquisition for your library or that of any music institution
- The most informative and most richly illustrated guitar edition we have seen to date
- 60 previously unpublished works
- Informative historical texts
- Comprehensive critical commentaries
- Optional Thematic index available
Completion due early December 2021
- Reserve your set