Terms & Conditions
Guitarnotes (the website) is owned by Spanish Guitar Centre(Nottingham). Address: PO Box 10481, Nottingham, NG5 0HW, UK.
By placing an order, you agree that email is an acceptable form of communication for you.
Guitarnotes webshop is intended solely for personal customers. Prices are inclusive of 20% VAT where applicable( Books & Printed Music are zero rated 0%). A receipt with VAT breakdown will be supplied on request.
Your contract for purchases made through the website is with Guitarnotes.
When an email is sent by the website to confirm an order, a binding sales contract has been entered into (whether or not you receive that email).
- You undertake to check the confirmatory email to ensure that all details are correct. Use a standard character set. If your local language uses another such as Cyrillic or Greek DO NOT USE as errors may occur in transcribing them.
You undertake that the credit or debit card you use is your own and that sufficient funds are available to cover the costs of your order.
You must choose a username and password during the website registration procedure. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and must make every effort to ensure they are not misused.
It is your responsibility to inform Guitarnotes of any changes to the details supplied by you.
Guitarnotes does not send goods "on approval" and therefore does not accept returns on goods supplied correctly to order
Special Order Items(custom made to order) cannot be cancelled once ordered and are not refundable.
We do not guarantee that you will like the music or recording, so personal taste does not qualify as a reason for return.
Missing, damaged, faulty or incorrectly supplied orders or items should be notified within four days of receipt so that we can rectify the problem quickly.
It is the customer's responsibility to collect or arrange redelivery of undelivered items including the payment of an local import duties or taxes. Where unclaimed items are returned to sender, the customer will be required to pay a reshipping charge or the goods will be forfeit.
All requests for returns must be submitted in writing to Customer Services via the enquiry form.
A 50% trade-in value for returned items will be charged - minimum £1.50.
Order Processing and Delivery
Credit and Debit cards are debited in pounds sterling on the day of transaction by Guitarnotes.
All prices are in GBP(Pounds Sterling)
We aim to despatch fully completed orders within one working day and the remainder generally within 28 working days, but your order may be delayed if some items are not in stock with our suppliers or are Special Order items(custom-made), or have not yet been published. Back order deliveries very much depend on the speed of our suppliers' ordering. You can check the status of any order by logging into your account at any time. Items not available through a UK supplier will not be back-ordered and you will be informed of the order cancellation.
Refunds for undespatched customer-cancelled orders will be subject to an administration charge of 10% (minimum £3.00) to cover bank charges.
Refunds for customer duplicated items will also carry an administration fee of 10% . We will offer the opportunity to exchange for an alternative of similar value prior to refunding.
Where it is not possible to supply any goods ordered, we will offer an alternative edition to replace the one ordered, or offer a reselection for the amount in credit. Should you choose not to reselect we will offer a full credit only for those goods not supplied (excluding the delivery charge).
Please be aware that, when sending products internationally, cross-border packages are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
Title to any product ordered will transfer to you only when Guitarnotes has received payment in full for that product.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the point of delivery is secure as Guitarnotes will not accept liability for any loss resulting after an item has been delivered to the specified delivery address.
Claims for missing orders must be submitted by email within 60 days of despatch. Thereafter no claims will be allowed.
- You can enquire about the status of your order at any time by completing the enquiry form.
Orders for which an attempted delivery has been made but which are subsequently unclaimed after the regulation retention period and returned will be considered forfeit unless:
- A re-shipping fee is paid to re-send the order
Guitarnotes does not accept liability for any errors and omissions and reserves the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
Prices correct as of 1/1/18. Due to fluctuating exchange rates, prices indicated, are for guidance only. Guitarnotes will be under no obligation to accept an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price, although we will do our utmost to do so.
Where a malfunction of the Shopping Basket calculator has occured and goods have been undercharged or not charged, Guitarnotes will only supply goods to the value of payment received.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Guitarnotes is providing this website and its contents on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Guitarnotes does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current.
If you receive goods which are damaged, defective or not what you ordered, Guitarnotes shall, at its option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods or refund the cost of the goods in question provided that you notify Guitarnotes in accordance with our returns policy. Nothing in this clause affects your statutory rights.
Goods sold on the website are for private domestic use and, therefore, no liability is accepted for any indirect or consequential loss, loss of data, income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the website or for any products purchased from Guitarnotes.
Guitarnotes shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to an event outside our reasonable control.
Guitarnotes shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Privacy and security
Please note that this statement does not extend to websites that are linked to this website. You should refer to the privacy policies of any such websites for further details about their use of your personal information.
What do we mean by “personal information?”
For us, “personal information” means information which identifies you, like your name or email address. Any information that does not identify you is “non-personal information.”
If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining data will be classed as non-personal information.
General Use Of Your Information
When does Guitarnotes receive your personal information?
We collect personal information about you when you provide it to us. We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you make with Guitarnotes.
For example, when you contact Guitarnotes to purchase an item online or you telephone, email or write to Guitarnotes, we may receive and retain personal information about you.
If you engage with our social media accounts, such as Facebook, we may receive personal information about you then too. If you use these networks, their privacy policies apply, and we encourage you to read them.
The information we collect is relevant to the type of transaction you are entering into. It may include details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number.
When you make a payment online, Guitarnotes does not receive any financial information. This information is transmitted from you to our third party vendors for processing. The third party vendor for the website is Barclaycard. This information is displayed at the time of the transaction.
How will Guitarnotes use your personal data?
Guitarnotes will use the details that you supply during the registration process to enable you to make purchases from the range of products that we have made available online. We do not use your data for marketing purposes.
We will also use your personal information for administrative reasons, such as to answer your correspondence, keep your records up to date or to implement your instructions (for example with regard to a back ordered goods)
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
For administrative reasons, including:
“service administration”, which means that Guitarnotes may contact you for reasons related to the completion of commercial or other transactions you have entered into with us.
in relation to correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, social media or any other means, and to contact you about any content you provide;
for internal record keeping so as to keep a record of your relationship with us;
Unless legally required to do so we will not provide your information to third parties.
How do we keep your data secure?
We take all necessary steps to ensure any information you provide to us online is safe, secure and managed correctly. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of this data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures.
The information you provide to us over the internet via this website is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Any personal information stored on our servers is not publicly accessible. The data is secured and can only be accessed by authorised Guitarnotes staff on a “need to know” basis.
How long will Guitarnotes keep your personal information?
We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as we need to. Once your data is no longer required, or if you request that we do so, we will delete your information from our database.
If you have registered an account with our website we will keep your details for as long as you wish to continue to use the account for purchasing products and services from us. If you stop logging into your account, we will delete your account and the personal information associated with it from our database once 24 months has elapsed from your last login date. Should you wish to make a further purchase after this, you will need to re-register with us.
How can you control what we send you or request we update your personal information?
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. You can tell us that your details have changed or change the way that we communicate with you in a number of ways.
If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact our DPO (Data Protection Officer) Andrew Liepins:
Post: Guitarnotes, PO Box 10481, NOTTINGHAM, NG5 0HW
Telephone: 0776 500 4663 (Mon-Sat 9am-6pm)
How long will it take for these changes to be effective?
When you request that we delete your details, we aim to update our records within the following timescales:
Information sent to you via email - 24 hours (next working day) from receipt of email
Telephone calls - 24 hours (next working day) from receipt of request to opt out of receiving calls.
You can view and amend the details we hold about you at any time by logging in to your Guitarnotes user account.
What Other Information Do We Gather?
How can you contact us?
This website is owned and operated by:
Guitarnotes, PO Box 10481, NOTTINGHAM, NG5 0HW
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or any other matters concerning this website or you wish to report a technical error, please get in touch using the various options available on the contact page.
The Guitarnotes website only creates temporary session cookies, in order to give you a better browsing experience. These cookies contain no personal information, but help our site to run more smoothly on your computer.
About cookies on our website
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place onto your device. It is used to tailor your experience for the duration of your visit (using what is known as a “session” cookie).
Session cookies are in use on this site. These only last for the duration of your visit. They store information on your short term interactions with the site, such as whether you are logged in to your user account (if you have one).
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the graphics and photographic imagery. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of the content of this website (for example, by taking our images, words, or other content and reposting it elsewhere without our permission) may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- You may not permit, create unauthorised framing of, or deep linking to the website or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
- In these Terms, ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the website shall be owned by us absolutely.
- Subject to the licence granted to you to use the website, Guitarnotes reserve all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the website.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit or debit card to order.
- Guitarnotes may amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time and place the new version on the website. All purchases from that date will be subject to the amended terms. Continued usage of the site constitutes acceptance of the new Terms.